Going on a vacation without your dog might get a bit difficult to you. However with dog minding and boarding facility you can now make it very easy for you as well as your dog.
Vacations are always a problem when you have any pet at your home. If you have a dog at your home then you will absolutely understand the pain. You might have to look for favors from relatives or friends in order to take care of your dog. But not every time does it happen that someone or the other is available for you. This might make the situation worst. But today there is a very simple solution to this problem. There are professional dog minding and boarding service providers who can help you in such situations.
Here are few things that you need to keep in mind while you are looking to hire such services
- At first it is important that you know what your dogs needs. You need to know whether your dog is a pampered one or it gets adjusted with basic amenities available. When you understand this thing you can look for dog minding and boarding service provider that suits its requirement.
- Apart from this it is important that you take a look at the place personally. Look whether the place is spacious enough for you dog to play around or not. Also you have to check with the cleanliness of the place. A clean and hygienic place will keep your dog healthy when you are away.
- Consult with the providers whether they will take dog on walk on daily basis or not. If you know that it is very important for dogs to take a half an hour walk at least 2 times a day. If the providers do not take the pets very often for a walk, then make sure that you ask the minder to do it for your dog. Or else look for one who offers you such a service.
- It is very important that the minder you are hiring for your dog is a professionally acclaimed person. He should be certified to run this business. This will help you give a sigh of relief that your love is under a professional’s observation.
- Ask the minding and boarding service provider how many dogs he takes to mind at once. He should not attend too many dogs at once. Or else he will be ignorant to someone or the other at a time.
Apart from this a very important thing that you have to take into consideration is the safety of your dog. If your dog is a small breed and the minder is minding a huge dog along with yours then the safety of your dog might get at stake. Therefore do make sure that you have a look at thing also while you look for minding and boarding service provider.
Emergency vet services
Do make sure that the dog minding and boarding service provider you are looking for has Vet services or is located nearby to animal clinic. In fact you will find that lot of vets also offer minding services for your dog. You will get a clean and medically correct environment for your dog. But you will have to compromise on its freedom. It might not even get that much attention when compared to the other minding service providers. Thus it is better to look for a minder who is located near an animal clinic.
These are few things that you have to take into consideration when you are looking for dog minding and boarding service provider. When you concentrate on these essentials you will have a tension-free vacation. Go here and get more details about dog minding and dog boarding service.
You require a boarding kennel for the good health of your pet, and ensure that they are habituated to being alone, for at least some time during the day. These kennels are usually set up in huge areas like the garden or somewhere outside the house of the proprietor. However, they should not be chosen on the basis of designs only, as there are many other factors that need to be considered.
The health of your dog is one of the most vital factors to be evaluated while choosing a kennel. It is very easy to get carried away by fancy looking kennels, which may lack safety and hygiene features for your pet. Since your pet would be spending at least some part of the day in that boarding kennel, hygiene factors should not be ignored. And if it is for a few days or weeks, then it is a reason of concern all the more. The kennel should be well ventilated so that your pet does not feel very warm or suffocated. There should be comfortable bedding, and you should keep the kennel dry at all times. These factors are vital to make the dog feel at home in the kennel, instead of trying to be indoors all the time.
The kennel should be made of weatherproof materials and have sufficient insulating features so that the interiors remain cool during summers and warm during winters. Look for places that keep the entrance of the boarding kennel on the opposite side of the prevailing wind. The kennel should be located appropriately to ensure that your pet is able to get under shade, and it is best to place the kennel near a wall or a tree. The ambience should be friendly and warm with pet toys available and option to interact with other dogs.
Apart from these factors you should also ensure that the kennel has apt nutritious diets provided for the pets, along with a water bowl placed, which should be filled regularly, and is a crucial part of the kennel set up.
You can use a raised wooden floor in the boarding kennel because it is more hygienic and warmer compared to bedding or bare dirt. If you are placing bedding in the kennel then you should use straw or blanket. Regular changing of the bedding is required to keep fleas and parasites at bay.
Outdoor or indoor
Usually the best position for the outdoor boarding kennel would be an enclosed yard, which should have fencing to prevent your pet from jumping out. The traditional kennels had chains to prevent the dogs from digging their way out, but it is a better option to secure the fence rather than chaining your pet. But these days more kennels are made indoor because they feature integrated wire netting run to allow the pet with more frequent movements. Indoor kennels are also more easily maintained, cleaned and the staff can provide the best attention to all dogs.
The boarding kennel should be chosen with the motive of allowing your pet to enjoy playing in the garden, and taking rest when required. Hence you should make sure that the above mentioned factors are taken care of. This would give your pet the liberty to play around, without you worrying about it being thirsty, tired, or needing a place to take shelter.
Keeping these factors in mind when choosing the right boarding kennel would mean that your pet is happy in your absence while their physical and mental health is also taken care of.