Your cat is your family member. Taking proper care of it is one of your fundamental duties. Hence, when you plan to travel outside, it becomes very important to put your darling bundle of joy in the best possible cat boarding. But with so many catteries being around, it is difficult to find out the suitable one. So you need to follow some basic steps which would automatically lead you to finding out the best cat boarding.
Ensure that your cat does not escape
This is a very basic requirement. You must check the following:
- The cat boarding should have individual units for the cats. Such units should be devoid of holes so that cats cannot squeeze out.
- There should be a safety corridor outside every unit of the cat. However, the outside door and the inside one should be alternately opened. This corridor has to be handled very carefully by the trained staff; any negligence can make a cat run away if both the doors are left open.
Ensure that your cat remains warm
You need to ensure the comfort of your cat. Outdoor settings can be very refreshing for your cat where it can stay in a healthier manner. Your cat should ideally have a cozy bed and also a heater inside the unit for the times when it is too cold.
Ensure that your cat does not fall ill
You should see to it that that your cat does not suffer from any disease which may be viral or bacterial. The well-being of your cat should be emphasized in the cat boarding that you select. If a number of cats share the same room, chances of spreading the disease increases. Hence, the management of the cat boarding and also its design become very important. You can check the following:
- Although there is no problem in having individual cat units one beside another, but those should have a strong barrier in between. Such a barrier is called a ‘sneeze barrier’.
- It is important to notice that the cattery does not allow a number of cats to mingle with one another. All cats are not fond of sharing space with other cats they do not know.
- The cat boarding should ideally ask for all the vaccination certificates of your cat. This kind of awareness should be there in the cat boarding that you choose for your cat.
- You must also see that the place where you decide to leave your cat is clean and completely disinfected. The cattery should not be smelly and cleanliness should be maintained meticulously.
Ensure that you cat can move freely
The cat boarding should ideally allow your cat to move freely. Good cat boarding will let the cats have their individual runs and facilities for sunbathing. Moreover, you must also check whether the staffs provide the cats with objects to play.
Ensure that your cat can relax
If your cat gets familiar bedding and toys, it will feel comfortable. Moreover, a good cat boarding will see to it that cats get higher places to sit since they love to sit on a height. A shelf and a run will provide a lot of comfort to your cat than a bed on the ground.
In order to find the best cat boarding for your cat, you need to examine these factors which are indeed very important. Once you are satisfied with the service and the thought that they will keep your cat safe and happy, you can approach that cat boarding for keeping your cat when you are away.
Dazzlin Doggie is the BEST Cattery in Ballarat for quality cat boarding in Melton and Ballarat. Click here for more information about Superior Cat Boarding in Melbourne.